Spoon development process

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Wed Oct 4 16:07:27 UTC 2006

Hi Tony--

> I'd love to follow your ongoing work on Spoon more closely. How are
> you structuring it?

     It's structured as in the latest release[1], as a master image with
development tools and a slave image which is minimal.

> Could your intermediate "snapshot" work-in-progress builds be made
> available to the public somehow?

     It's difficult because of the very problem I'm trying to solve
(modularity). My master image has several other of my projects in it,
not all of which are appropriate for public consumption. Creating an
appropriate snapshot is currently time-consuming. Once I have
bootstrapped Spoon's module system, I plan to keep all snapshots
publicly available all the time.

     As I mentioned in my most recent progress report, I plan to make a
release soon, despite the burden.

     thanks,

-C

[1] http://ftp.squeak.org/Spoon/spoon1a12.zip