Cryptographic Primitives

Ron Teitelbaum Ron at USMedRec.com
Thu Oct 5 15:29:10 UTC 2006

All,

We are considering adding a few more Cryptographic Primitives.  We have had
problems with having to support the primitives externally.  We believe that
the community would benefit from lowering the cost of entry to cryptographic
functionality.  The Cryptographic primitives are very small, but benefit
greatly from primitive implementations because of the intensive math
calculations.

I would like to ask the community to include the DES code and new primitives
that we are considering internally in the base distributed VM's so that they
are available for everyone.  Since the code is so small could we consider
including it internally?

Thank you for your consideration,

Ron Teitelbaum

Squeak Cryptography Team Leader