Exupery on MacIntel (was Re: Pending mc carbin 3.8.13b1 for Exupery (MacIntel))

bryce at kampjes.demon.co.uk bryce at kampjes.demon.co.uk
Thu Oct 5 22:52:44 UTC 2006

Michael Roberts writes:

 > On 5 Oct 2006, at 01:43, John M McIntosh wrote:
 >
 > > Yup, it crashes, mind it runs *most* of the tests, anything with
 > > compiled blocks seems to crash the VM.
 > > I'd suggest running subsets of the tests and finding the ones that
 > > fail first, then work on the ones that
 > > crash the VM.
 >
 > ok thanks for the feedback.  I plan to have a look at the tests.

I'd suggest setting up a clean build environment. Either base it on
the last release, this should be documented on the swiki, or on the
latest development versions. A clean build environment should also
provide low-level debugging tools which may be needed.

Only compiled blocks crashing seems a little weird. I'd guess there
may be a version mis-match between Exupery and it's VM support. Purely
a guess though, more testing may prove me wrong.

Bryce