What does it take to buy in to Squeak (was RE: Stef's departure from the SqueakFoundation board)

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca
Fri Oct 6 02:29:40 UTC 2006

On 2006 August 28 10:50, Giovanni Giorgi wrote:
> I have little time but I am a Software Architect.
> So if you (=the community/board directors)  like I can draw some
> guidelines for the SqueakCore project.
> For instance we can draw together some basic rules for API
> deprecation, unit testing and so on.

Hi Giovanni,

Thanks for commenting, and sorry for my late reply, I marked this thread as
"todo", but then never looked back until now, with discussions about
Strongtalk, I remembered I left something on my "todo/reply" that is related.

I do not have much to add, while I continue liking the idea of defining
modularity and well-defined interfaces (and possible interchangeability)
between VM[Current, Pepsi, Strongtalk]<-->Core[Current, Spoon]<-->Packages,
(which themselves would be loadable/unloadable starting with the "lowest
level" such that Tweak/Morphic/NativeUI), I am simply not qualified enough to
drive such SqueakCore effort, or have enough time to help significantly.
Having said that, if someone, or the board, goes this direction, and such
modularization effort is established, I will try to participate and help to
the best I can (which may amount to well below 1 cent :) )

Milan