Squeak on the Nokia 770 (touches on old iamges, Morphic, SM, wxWidgets, and more!)

Aaron Reichow revaaron at bitquabit.com
Sat Oct 7 01:01:12 UTC 2006

On Fri, 6 Oct 2006, Petr Fischer wrote:

> Hi. How do you use OS's input methods (Windows [WM5?] virtual keyboard)?
> I have problems with OS input methods on my WM5 PDA device. There is no
> way to show windows keyboard (main squeak window is completely over
> whole windows PDA desktop).

Well, mostly the answer is that I've not really used Squeak much on the
WM5 device I had. I originally had a WM2003-based Dell Axim x50v, but had
it replaced (a few times actually, but that's another story), and I've
just not used it much with my x51v running WM5.

Under PocketPC 2k/2k2 and WM 2003 you could easily open up the
keyboard/input panel- there was an icon in the bottom right.

One idea is IIRC you can assign a hardware button to opening up the
software input panel (keyboard, etc).  If you use Squeak a lot, that might
be the ticket to getting the input panel up- at the expense of a useful
hardware button, but it should work. Let me know if it does!

> Thanks, pf

Regards,
Aaron

revaaron at bitquabit.com || rev in #squeak on irc.freenode.net
   "Liberty will not descend to a people, a people must
         raise themselves to Liberty." -- Emma Goldman