Google Crawls Into Source-Code Search

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Sat Oct 7 10:36:34 UTC 2006

On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 12:17:18 +0200, Philippe Marschall wrote:

> continuation lang:smalltalk site:squeaksource.com
> but it looks like site is not implemented (and mcz are not indexed) so
> it doesn't work.

Sure (it doesn't), therefore I asked. Seems that google hired too many 8.3
minded (versus: content-type-guessing minded) people recently ;-)

> But considering the amout of code available at SqueakSource, most
> matches probably will be from there anyway (once it's implemented).
>
> But I think we could play dirty little tricks. List the mcz files as
> zip too in the listing....

Precisely. Thereafter I can forget about my idea on listing SqMap contents
in a google-compliant fashion (which, how come no surprise, didn't
generate much enthusiasm when I sent that email a year ago or so).

> .... now that I think about it .... ;)

You have write access on SqueakSource? ;)

/Klaus