Everything is a distributed object

J J azreal1977 at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 8 12:12:12 UTC 2006

>From: Martin Drautzburg <Martin.Drautzburg at web.de>
>To: squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
>Subject: Re: Everything is a distributed object
>Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2006 11:28:55 +0200
>
>(2a) Use a web browser and develop a web app. This has the drawback, that
>the
>possibilities you have to design your GUI are very limited and that you
>have
>to program things in strange ways.

I was in the anti "web as a platform" camp for a long time, but today it
just makes sense.  I have to ask:  have you looked deeply into seaside?
Using seaside you will be subjected to the visial limitations of  HTML, but
you won't have to program "in strange ways".  The seaside frame work hides
the state problems with HTTP.  Seaside also will do javascript if asked, so
those GUI limitations wont be as bad as you would expect.