[SM][BUG] Error: can't find EOCD position

karl karl.ramberg at chello.se
Sun Oct 8 15:40:27 UTC 2006

David T. Lewis skrev:
> A couple of my SqueakMap entries (maybe more, I have not checked them all)
> have decided to stop working. I got the AioPlugin entry working again by
> re-saving the entry, but XDisplayControlPlugin is screwed up and I can't
> seem to convince it to start working again.
>
> What the user sees from a SqueakMap Package Loader is a debugger with
> the rather unhelpful "Error: can't find EOCD position" message.
>
> <rant>
> How many other SqueakMap entries are messed up and the authors don't
> even know it? And what is a person supposed to  think when they see this?
> It makes people think that AioPlugin and XDisplayControlPlugin are broken,
> unmaintained, and unavailable, none of which is true.
> </rant>
>
> Dave

I have found that there is a bug in HttpSocket.
Try the attached method which is a older version of the method that fails.
I get things to work on windows with it. It also fixes an issue when
trying to
access www.linuxfr.org from Scamper. I have not read trough the method
to see what have changed that cause the bug.
Karl