Decompiler [was: Real closures]

Mathieu mathk.sue at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 10:20:05 UTC 2006

Klaus D. Witzel a écrit :
> On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 13:59:05 +0200, stephane ducasse wrote:
>> If people wants to help we need the decompiler also working well.
>
> Can I have a specification (sufficient, please) that describes what
> source construct emits what bytecode(s). I cannot promise that I will
> then be able to work on the decompiler but I promise to give it a try.

Thanks Klaus :) you can read this:
http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~scg/Teaching/Smalltalk/Slides/11Bytecode.pdf
http://users.ipa.net/~dwighth/smalltalk/bluebook/bluebook_chapter26.html#TheCompiler26

and try this:
http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~scg/Teaching/Smalltalk/Exercises/STExercise11-Bytecode.pdf

>> Mathieu also worked on fixing the way comments are attached in the
>> tree (before this was kind of random).
>
> Can't wait to see this in action :)

:)
That is not yet add to the tool but you can load my package from:
http://www.squeaksource.com/NewCompilerPragma

and inpesct this:

(SqueakParser
	parseMethod: (SqueakParserTest>>#methodDescribeWithAllComment:And:) getSource) addComment

	Math