team leaders: please report progress on first Wednesdays

Brad Fuller brad at sonaural.com
Mon Oct 9 21:59:22 UTC 2006

Hans N Beck wrote:
> Hi Craig,
>
> every month may be not appropriate for every team. I think we do not
> want to set the teams under pressure :-)
> For the SETools team, a monthly report would be really boring :-)
The advantage of having a monthly report is that others will learn
progress with the team on a regular basis. Even if the team leader
reports "no progress", we know the team is alive (well.. at least the
team leader is paying attention.)

The disadvantage is that we'll hear "no progress" over and over from
teams that are not too active. However, that in itself is telling and
may induce team action or an external kick in the britches.

The point, IMO, is to have regular reporting at an interval that is best
for the team. But, since this is a volunteer organization and the board
shouldn't be bothered with who reports when, I think monthly reporting
is a good start.

signed by a person who doesn't have to report ;-)

brad