Can I get a notification before fullGC?

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Oct 12 03:32:56 UTC 2006

The alternative is fixing the lookup scheme currently used in TTCFont.
E.g., for TTCFont all you need is to have a mapping from color to 256
element weak array and use that for lookup. Something like here:

TTCFont>>formOf: char
	| f assoc code |
	char charCode > 255
		ifTrue: [^ self fallbackFont formOf: char].

	cache := colorToCacheMap at: foreGroundColor
		ifAbsentPut:[WeakArray new: 256]

Then all you need to do is some suitable flushing (say on system
shutdown) and you're done. (if you want to be *really* clever you also
cache the last cache so that you can avoid the colorToCacheMap lookup
for the common case of non-changing colors etc)

Cheers,
   - Andreas