Compressed or otherwise strange sources (was Re: Sq 3.9-7061 broken sources)

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Oct 12 04:40:40 UTC 2006

On 10-Oct-06, at 12:12 AM, tim Rowledge wrote:

> Yup, I'm using it for inspiration and seeing if I can make a really
> elegant version. So far so good - 6 methods, add an instvar and 2
> doits looks like a basic version, then remove about 60 methods for
> cleanup.

So now I have an image which refers to source code through a
reference object (an encoded integer right now) held in the
properties. Seems to work so far.

I'll have to modify the above 'then remove about 60 methods for
cleanup' a bit. I think it might be a couple of hundred methods.
There's some real stinkers in there. Not to mention totally
innappropriate dependence upon the idea of two files being the only
source access method; makes me wonder how the compressed string
source idea worked at all.

tim
 From C:\*.* to shining C:\*.*