[BUG] Re: Can I get a notification before fullGC?

Georg Gollmann gollmann at zid.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Oct 12 08:27:25 UTC 2006

Am 12.10.2006 um 10:13 schrieb Georg Gollmann:
> I don´t know, if the stuff still works in the current Squeak
> version, however...

BTW, I just noticed a false positive on the mantis bug tracking
system. http://bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=5173 claims:

> In 7061 (an way previous) the MemoryHogs class var is always nil or
> empty.
> There seems to be no way of registering an object or a class as a
> potential Memory Hog. And no class implements #freeSomeSpace which
> is the whole idea.

Which misses the SystemDictionary>memoryHogs method and the fact that
this is a hook for applications, so it is normal that there are no
implementors in the base image.

Kind regards
Georg