CurlPlugin (call for testing)

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 20:37:32 UTC 2006

2006/10/12, danil osipchuk <danil at mtsnet.ru>:
> On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 21:53:41 +0300, Philippe Marschall
> <philippe.marschall at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >> Areas where I need a feedback:
> >> 1)      What people do with cookies
> >> 2)      What people might want to do with http-headers
> >> 3)      What the heck is multiform post and
> >> 4)      What people think about this in general
> >
> > I'm thinking about using it for SqueakSource because HTTP POST with
> > proxies is borken in HttpSocket right now.
> >

> Great, because this is exactly the part where I would appreciate an advice.
> Philippe, could you please give me an idea how can I test HTTP-POSTs (is
> not tested currently although it is present)? I guess a simple seaside app
> will be fine, yes? Should it be a plain post of the multipart-post (and
> which of them is mainstream)?

What we do is more or less the same as in
MCSMReleaseRepository>>#releaseVersion:url:
Which doesn't work because HTTPSocket doesn't respect proxy settings for POST.

As I understand it, it's not multipart but url-encoded. I don't know
wheter this is common or not, it's just what we do.

Sorry but I have to real advice how to test it (without setting up a
proxy server).

If you don't read the proxy settings for Squeak that's fine. We can do that to.

Philippe