Unix VM and MacIntel

Brian Brown rbb at techgame.net
Fri Oct 13 16:19:19 UTC 2006

Hello all,

I downloaded the Squeak-3.9-8.i386-apple-darwin8.8.1 VM to run on my
MacBook Pro (Mac OSX 10.4.8) so I could use OSProcess for some
things. I used the inisqueak script and it copied fresh image files
and a link to the sources file as it should.

However, when I run squeak, the icon shows up on the Dock, but that
is the last indication you get. The squeak image never comes up and
the process has to be killed.

Has anyone seen this behavior before, or have any ideas? The Carbon
VM runs fine, fwiw, but it doesn't have the  OSProcess plugin built
as far as I can tell.

thanks!

Brian