Unix VM and MacIntel

Ian Piumarta piumarta at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 20:29:40 UTC 2006

Hi Colin,

> I downloaded this VM and it works fine. However, if I build the
> tarball at the url below, I still encounter the bug. Is there some
> build magic that you've applied to the binary release?

I made the 3.9-9 binary tarball for Brian's convenience.  You
shouldn't rely on any files stamped X.Y-Z being consistent with each
other (or even containing a working VM) until the unix web page says
the latest version is at least X.Y-Z.  (It currently says 3.9-8, I
think, so don't rely on anything called 3.9-9 begin sane.)

The sources didn't work for you because I hadn't rebuilt and uploaded
the source tarball to make it consistent with Brian's files.  For your
convenience I just did that, so the sources should now work if you
want to download and try them again.

I'll send a note to the list when the current release move from -8 to -9.

Regards,
Ian