Squeak Video players/formats available

karl karl.ramberg at chello.se
Sat Oct 14 22:09:30 UTC 2006

Brad Fuller skrev:
> Brad Fuller wrote:

>> I have a general question: Is anyone working on, or is there an existing
>> library/player that plays MPEG2 video?
>> Of for that matter, any other player than the current MPEG1 player
>> (Category Movies-Kernel, Movies-Player. MPEGMoviePlayerMorph)?
>>

> Wow, nada?
> Ok, the Sophie project is working on the playback of QT movies, right?
> (of which, I'd like to know more about what type of QT format is
> planned/in_use in Sophie.)
>
> At the bottom of this page:
> http://www.squeak.org/Features/MultiMedia/
> is this statement:
> Video Squeaking
> "Squeak also supports mpeg2 and an internal jpg compressed video format."
>
> Is this incorrect?
>
> brad

Squeak mpeg plugin is based on libmpeg3
(http://heroinewarrior.com/libmpeg3.php3)
You can read more about it capabilities there, I'm not sure what's
exactly in the Squeak plugin, tho... It also have a home brew jpeg based
format. I think it was made because editing and encoding mpeg is
problematic both legally and technically.
Karl