Serious Squeak (other "survey")

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at squeakland.org
Sat Oct 14 23:29:48 UTC 2006

  Benoit,

> No Edgar, you misunderstood me...  A decent UI is a UI
> that looks native...  One to which the user can relate
> to.  That looks like a Mac on a Mac, like Windows on
> Windows, etc.

  I think Edgar's question is valid.  QuickTime for Windows doesn't
look "native" at all, but Windows users seem to be ok with it.  (For
that matter, Windows Media Player doesn't look like a Windows app at
all.)

  Current Morphic is not geared toward making these "Title-bar and
menu-bar at top" apps, and I can imagine it can be a problem for
sometime.  "Decent UI" is something else.  That is why I think Edgar's
question, "what is a decent UI" valid.  (And I don't know the answer.)

-- Yoshiki