RC2 out

stephane ducasse stephane.ducasse at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 08:53:34 UTC 2006

hi andreas

Come on you systematically mentioned that we were not respecting
package maintainer... Do you want that I really lose
time to go in your emails to show that to you? Of course this should
be us that do not understand.

> Hi Stef -
>
> By now I *really* want you off the helm for any future Squeak
> release. Your behavior of insulting *every last person* who finds
> any shortcoming in 3.9 is just unworthy.

I'm not! I think that you over reacted. For once this is not me.
We are just in release candidate 2. We got in Gamma for at least some
months. So we should stop.
I was just showing to you that your statement that we should not
publish code in packages that has a maintainer leads to a
deadlock. Because you cannot touch multilnagual and we cannot touch
graphics.

> I find a problem, I post a fix (without btw, requesting any
> immediate action like including this in the current release) I
> explain what the deeper problem is and request resolution by filing
> a bug and you call me ranting?

Not in this email. I was referring to some previous ones but not this
one. :)

> I'm sorry, but in this kind of atmosphere I really have no interest
> in contributing. Consider my fix withdrawn.

Cool. This is the perfect attitude!
Quite constructive.