[ANN] Installer bootstrapping scripts

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Oct 15 09:01:12 UTC 2006

I am pleased to announce "Installer" available in
http://www.squeaksource.com/Installer

I will paste the class comment below to explain....

I think this may make things a bit easier for publishing projects such
as Seaside-Magma-Pier which is fairly complex piece of integration.

enjoy

Keith

--------

Installer is an experiment in creating a Domain Specific Language for
installing a complex project consisting of packages from monticello and
squeakmap of various versions.

One design decision is to be able to paste scripts a workspace and run
and test from there without any special editing.

E.g Using SqueakMap

squeakmap := Installer squeakmap.
squeakmap install: 'DynamicBindings'.
squeakmap open.

or

Installer squeakmap install: 'DynamicBindings'.

or

squeakmap := Installer squeakmap.
squeakmap package: 'DynamicBindings'; install.

Using Monticello

squeaksource := Installer repository: 'http://www.squeaksource.com'.
seaside := squeaksource project: 'Seaside'.
seaside install: 'Comet-lr.8';
        install: 'Scriptaculous'.

or

squeaksource := Installer repository: 'http://www.squeaksource.com'
squeaksource project: 'Seaside';
              install: 'Comet-lr.8;
              install: 'Scriptaculous'.

"for monticello viewer on the repository"
squeaksource project: 'Seaside'; open.

There are some utilities for searching.

"utilities"
squeakmap packagesMatching: '*ame'

(squeakmap packagesMatching: 'sea*') first.

"the very latest seaside release"
(seaside packagesMatching: 'Sea*') first.