Strange drawing limits

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 09:57:41 UTC 2006

Hi,

I published a couple of bugs related to limits painting on Forms:

    http://bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=5222

To summarize: Drawing on forms does not work for x-coordinates bigger
than 2047, things get clipped. There seems to be a similar limit for
Display, that is at 4094. I couldn't observe such a limit on
y-coordinates, except for FormCanvas>>initialize that sets quite a
small clipping rectangle but it can be changed easily.

Anybody knowing where this limit for x-coordinates is coming from? Is
it in the VM? Is it in the code somewhere?

The limit on x-coordinates seems to me very low and makes Squeak
basically useless if you want to use it on bigger screens (multi
screen setup) or if you want to produce big graphics.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli