Using Squeak on iPaq 4150

Lord ZealoN lordzealon at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 12:29:14 UTC 2006

Hi again.

I'm trying to get an usable squeak on my PDA(1).

Here are the results at the moment without changes.

I got  SqueakLight.406 from ftp://squeak.cobss.ch/pub/SqueakLight/

Then I copied to my iPaq on a directory Squeak on the storage card
with the squeakvm for WinCe, thanks to Yoshiki Ohshima (2) and
SqueakV3.sources from the Squeak3.8 image file.

Now, the squeak image runs, and don't very bad, but needs some changes.

The first problem is the space. In a pocketpc 30MB (10MB squeaklight,
15MB sources) is a lot of space on storage, and RAM.

Then, is needed to change the systems fonts, etc...to take a good look
in the little screen. And then, we need to change something to the
browsers looks good in the 320x200 screen (on PDA with QVGA screens,
640x480 on VGA screens)

Squeak is not running at fullscreen because I'm not capable to make
the screenshots then, because the Hardware keys don't work (disabled
by the VM?)

I will post my advances.

Here are some screenshots
http://lordzealon.com/squeak/01-launching.bmp