[OT] Re: Serious Squeak (other "survey")

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon Oct 16 21:01:13 UTC 2006

Am 16.10.2006 um 22:03 schrieb Matthew Fulmer:

> On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 09:19:25PM +0200, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>> Now if I could convince the  folks in IRC to at least use
>> nicks resembling real names ... but I  guess that's futile.
>
> You can usually summon someone's real name by doing a /whois on
> them.

I know, and I do, and some even have their real name set, but I still
can't remember the nicks, and I still am too lazy to do this for
every nick I don't recognize. Perhaps it's because I only drop by now
and then.

Sure, I can understand people choosing funny nicks when role-playing
in MUDs (used to do that, too, as a student, with too much time), but
in IRC I assume they're not role-playing most of the time, at least
on #squeak.

- Bert -