NewCompiler and Preferences compileBlocksAsClosures

Stephan Rudlof sr at evolgo.de
Mon Oct 16 23:03:50 UTC 2006

On 16.10.2006 22:59, John M McIntosh wrote:
> I'm wondering here if anyone has thought about writing some code that
> attempts to figure out if a given block is changed from the current
> implementation to having closure
> if that would affect the results of the block evaulation.

> Going forward
> if you turn on forcecompileallblocksasclosure then how would you know if
> it would have side-effects or not
> in a random method in the base image?

I assume the wish to have something like forceCompileAllBlocksAsClosures arises from the need to answer this question by test runs: e.g. the result of the block evaluation may depend on how often the block is used, and this may be user/use dependent...

Marcus?

Stephan

Stephan Rudlof (sr at evolgo.de)