"slices" of packages (was: A process proposal for 3.10)

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Oct 17 14:49:11 UTC 2006

"Pavel Krivanek" <squeak1 at continentalbrno.cz> writes:
> Very good notes. This problems are described in the thread with Stef's
> postmortem analysis
> (http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2006-October/109807.html)

It is just painful reading Stephane's description of package slices.

Why not use Package Universes to organize a collection of package
versions?  There would be a 3.10 release universe.  The release team
would know the update password, and they could update that universe
with new package versions as they see fit.

Just give me the word, and I'd be happy to set up a server for you to
experiment with.

-Lex