Serious Squeak (other "survey")

J J azreal1977 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 17 18:41:07 UTC 2006

>From: "Ramon Leon" <ramon.leon at allresnet.com>
>To: "'The general-purpose Squeak developers
>list'"<squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org>
>Subject: RE: Serious Squeak (other "survey")
>Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 09:52:01 -0700
>
> > Then, my point is that really don't feel that nothing must be
> > changed, because Squeakers can develop any sort of app, from
> > web to desktop (from wxWindows to Morphic).
> >

>Personally, I don't think morphic is that bad, skinned right, it can be
>fairly nice looking and pretty usable, the real problem is the single host
>window isolating it from the rest of the OS windows.  I haven't tried
>wxWindows because I don't build desktop apps, I may give it a try soon.

As always, I am missing messages and I missed your first one.  If you were
refering to anything I said, then let me respond:  I don't believe web 2.0
should replace the desktop entirely.  Of course I still plan to use Morphic
or whatever to develop and would always want that.  But as a developer it
doesn't matter what I see.  Only to me.  But for my users, the best, easiest
way is just the web I think.  For most things.  Not all of course.