A process proposal for 3.10

J J azreal1977 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 17 19:01:51 UTC 2006

>From: karl <karl.ramberg at chello.se>
>To: The general-purpose Squeak developers
>Subject: Re: A process proposal for 3.10
>Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 08:14:01 +0200
>
>I agree with Andreas. But I think we should consider the possibility of the
>community to pay for someone to do some of the dirty work, for example to
>make the maintenance of the process easier. There have been people willing
>to put up money for projects like this. We could identify what are the big
>bottlenecks in the process and what can be done about them. Then we can
>look for a reasonable solution and make a offer/bounty for a solution.
>Karl

Maybe a good idea here would be to make a kind of "wish list" and let the
comunity vote on it, so we can see what people value most.  And people who
vote also have the option of putting up bounty money.  If everyone put in $5
or $10 dollars into something they really wanted, that could add up to
enough cash to get some things fixed, maybe.

And I'm sure someone is going to say "how do we decide who get's it?".  Well
how does mozilla do it?