Tweak UI pluggability [Was: Re: Serious Squeak (other "survey")]

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Oct 17 20:57:41 UTC 2006

Am 17.10.2006 um 19:56 schrieb Milan Zimmermann:

> Has Tweak widgets been built with a similar "L&F pluggability"
> intended,

Yes, in so far as the logic ("this is a button generating a #fire
event") is decoupled from the graphical object on the screen (the
button's "costume"). In principle it should be possible to replace
the current costumes with, e.g., native widgets.

> and if so are there some simple examples to play with?

Well, the only project that actually tried was Sophie. Sophie widgets
are derived from the default Tweak widgets. They use bitmap skins.
Whether that was "simple" I don't know, the Sophie developers could
tell, but I guess not ;-)

You could start writing your own widget costumes, replacing the
default widget library.

- Bert -