open process issues

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Oct 18 04:45:43 UTC 2006

Lex Spoon wrote:
> So here's a challenge for you, board: how do we get fixes processed?
> All the really cool Squeak stuff happens at the periphery [3].  The
> question for the board is thus: how do we handle the simple, prosaic
> patches?

 From my point of view there is a really simple answer to that question:
By delegating them to the maintainers. And if they aren't any, it won't
get fixed. It's as simple as that. After all you can always volunteer
for the maintainer position and if, and ONLY if, you get turned down you
have something to complain about. In other words, I do accept your
complaint about Unix code since we have a maintainer there and we should
figure out what's going wrong. I do NOT accept the complaint about
SharedQueue unless you are willing to sign up for the job of maintaining
Collections or at least the part of it you were just working on.

Cheers,
   - Andreas