Respect (was Re: Roadmap proposal for 3.10/4.0)

Juan Vuletich jvuletich at dc.uba.ar
Wed Oct 18 10:28:50 UTC 2006

Come on, folks,

This mail is not only about Damien, but many others too.

This is a request to anybody who considers himself a beginner or
newcomer, and sends lots of mail to the list.

In this community we have lots of wise and knowledgeable people. Many
have PhDs or are active researchers. Many have been involved in the
development of Smalltalk systems for very long time. Many spent many
years using Smalltalk, reading and writing about it, and helping it evolve.

This list is very friendly, and there is no censorship. So, please, have
some respect for others and before sending a request, ask yourself:
- Do I have a clear idea of what we are talking about?
- Do I understand how Squeak is dealing with that and why?
- Do I know if most people here think differently and why?
- Have I thought a bit about what I'm going to say?
- Do I know how to do what I'm asking for?
- Can I do it, as a collaboration to the project?
- Can I, at least, offer some help?

If the answer to some of this questions is NO, please consider reading
silently and learn.
Or at least ask politely, instead of barking.

Please keep in mind:
The probability of we all being plain wrong for many years, waiting
specifically for you to finally enlighten us, is pretty small.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich

Hans-Martin Mosner wrote:
... a response that was too polite in my opinion
> Damien Cassou schrieb:

... some naive ideas about complex numbers