call for release team volunteers

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Oct 18 23:06:44 UTC 2006

Hi -

Thanks for taking the lead on these issues. Couple of questions:
1) What are the deadlines? Both for proposals and for decisions?
2) Shouldn't the board choose a team instead of individuals? E.g., the
way I read your message is that individuals volunteer and the board
chooses a number of them to run the release. I'd rather see teams
volunteer and have the board choose a team. Or perhaps this is what you
mean?
3) What degree of freedom does the release team have in making
decisions? You say it will "operate under close oversight from the
board" does this have any specific implications?

Cheers,
   - Andreas