Removing Etoys (was Re: A process proposal for 3.10)

Ron Teitelbaum Ron at USMedRec.com
Thu Oct 19 00:38:53 UTC 2006

Juan,

No, specifically I am not volunteering, I am voicing my opinion against
removing EToys at all if the result is further fragmentation of our
communities.

My opinion concerns the politics that is currently Squeak and not a
technical assessment.  If a good case can be made for removing Etoys besides
let the SqueakLand image move along the road by itself since they will never
upgrade, then I would be interested in hearing that argument.  Otherwise I
would prefer to leave it in.

I see a benefit in leaving a bridge, however tenuous, between the
communities.  I see a benefit in having Etoys even if it is an older version
in squeak to help facilitate learning and experimentation.  I would love to
see a Squeak that can run Croquet, Tweak, Etoys, Sophie, and Seaside and I
will do anything I can right now to keep these communities together.

Ron Teitelbaum