Removing Morphic

J J azreal1977 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 20 19:35:37 UTC 2006

>From: "Ron Teitelbaum" <Ron at USMedRec.com>
>To: "'The general-purpose Squeak developers
>list'"<squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org>
>Subject: Removing Morphic
>Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 14:47:52 -0400
>
>Hi J J,
>
>I don't know either.  For me Morphic IS EToys.  For others Morphic IS
>toolBuilder.  For me Tweak is Croquet.  It appears that for others Tweak is
>dead and too slow, (but that seems very short sighted since if Tweak IS
>Croquet then there is major development going on which we could all benefit
>from)

Well, I haven't looked at the GUI stuff at all yet (well very little).  For
me the GUI was my interface as a devoloper and I don't care much how it
looks, so long as it's fast and not distracting.  But thanks for the
breakdown on those things, so if I get time I know what things to go read
about.

>My only goal is community bridges and expanding the opportunities for
>people
>to contribute and resources for people to use.

I agree.  It seems the more powerful languages (Smalltalk and Lisp) allow
one to easily make a "dialect" for the problems they are solving and program
in that.  The problem seems to be, they don't come back.  Just like in
spoken dialects, it doesn't take long for forks to happen that bar the way
back (it is interesting to watch german speakers trying to decode the swiss
dialect. :).