Image Freezing

Adrian Lienhard adi at netstyle.ch
Sun Oct 22 20:35:47 UTC 2006

Hi Keith,

I've downloaded the image and run what you described on my MacBook
Pro using the two following VMs. After some time the execution
stopped and the image was responsive as normal. Below I pasted what
was at the end of the Transcript in both cases. I guess, this is
different than what you expected.
As I see from your first mail you run a 3.8.8 VM on linux. What might
be interesting to try is an old 3.6 VM. In the case of the  problem
http://bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=4709 we found out that it does not
occur using a unix 3.6 VM.
Another idea to get more datapoints is to open gdb on the hanging
Squeak process and print out the call stacks.

HTH,
Adrian

Mac 3.8.12beta4U
--------------------
6185: MagmaMutatingProxy
15ms addPageAt: 'ProtoObject/MaMinimalObject/MaMutatingProxy' name:
'MagmaMutatingPro...etc...
6186: MAConditionBuilder
10ms addPageAt: 'ProtoObject' name: 'MAConditionBuilder' contents: '!
Description
A MA...etc...
6187: MAProxyObject
13ms addPageAt: 'ProtoObject' name: 'MAProxyObject' contents: '!
Description
I represe...etc...
6188: MADynamicObject
8ms addPageAt: 'ProtoObject/MAProxyObject' name: 'MADynamicObject'
contents: '!Descr...etc...

Unix 3.9-9
6186: MAConditionBuilder
4ms addPageAt: 'ProtoObject' name: 'MAConditionBuilder' contents: '!
Description
A MA...etc...
6187: MAProxyObject
8ms addPageAt: 'ProtoObject' name: 'MAProxyObject' contents: '!