Efficient thread-local shared variables

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Oct 24 16:20:44 UTC 2006

Just as a side not on efficiency - globals are much more often read
than written. The original goal might even be fulfilled by read-only
variables (not sure about that). So optimizing for read is essential,
but I have a hunch that writing could be much slower without any
noticeable effect on performance.

- Bert -