3.9 Traits behavior code

Noury Bouraqadi bouraqadi at ensm-douai.fr
Wed Oct 25 08:46:31 UTC 2006

Le 20 oct. 06 à 10:26, Bert Freudenberg a écrit :

> I think it would be important to at least add *some* indication of
> this to the standard browser, too.

I'd rather prefer to have a single *complete* browser on the default
image.
It's heavy to have 3 browsers, where none is totally satisfactory.
Ok. I'm not doing anything so far to improve the situation, but I
feel that it's important to have the community reach some kind of
"consensus" and concentrate efforts to avoid duplicates that are miss
leading to people new to Squeak.

What I said for the browser applies for method finders...

Noury

> - Bert -
>
> Am 20.10.2006 um 09:54 schrieb Adrian Lienhard:
>
>> no, its the identical method shared between those classes and
>> traits. It is defined only _once_ in TCompilingBehavior.
>>
>> If you use OmniBrowser which comes with the 3.9 image you can
>> distinguish between methods implemented locally and those obtained
>> from traits (latter are printed italic).
>>
>> Adrian
>>
>> On Oct 20, 2006, at 01:03 , tim Rowledge wrote:
>>
>>> It looks a bit odd - given the aim of traits, insofar as I
>>> understand them - to have for example 4 identical methods
>>> #compile:classified:notifying:trailer: ifFail: in classes
>>> Behavior, TCompilingBehavior, TPureBehavior and TraitBehavior.
>>>
>>> Are they all really needed or are they perhaps left overs needing
>>> cleaning up?
>>>
>>> tim
>>> --
>>> tim Rowledge; tim at rowledge.org; http://www.rowledge.org/tim
>>> Performance is easier to add than clarity.

Dr. Noury Bouraqadi - Enseignant/Chercheur
ARMINES - Ecole des Mines de Douai - Dept. I.A.
http://csl.ensm-douai.fr/noury

European Smalltalk Users Group Board
http://www.esug.org

Squeak: a Free Smalltalk