SqueakSource: RESTful URLs?

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 09:59:21 UTC 2006

2006/10/25, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de>:
> Am 25.10.2006 um 11:08 schrieb Philippe Marschall:
>
> > the starting point is #enterSessionWithRequest:
> > #createRootFromRequest: creates the component and selects the project
> > if the url ends with .html. There you could do more things like
> > depending on the url like displaying classes and urls.
> > You will probably also have to adjust #wantsSessionForRequest: and
> > friends.
>
> Right, this is what makes bookmarkable project html pages work.
>
> > Generating restful links (that can be bookmarked) with Seaside 2.3 is
> > a whole different issue.
>
> Well, if you know what you parse in the methods above, it should not
> be too hard to generate a bookmarkable link on each page, right? And
> if you disable #alwaysRedirect, clicking on the link actually takes
> you to the page so that you can copy the address.

Well I meant always having a bookmarkable url. So lets say you browse
the method #wantsSessionForRequest: in the class SSSession in versoion
SqueakSource-pmm.1002 the url would automaically be something like:
http://www.squeaksource.com/ss/browse/SqueakSource-pmm.1002/SSSession/wantsSessionForRequest:
like in RoR. Not having somewhere a bookmarkable link like on the
project page.

Philippe