The Squeak Collection of Outstanding Remarkable Values

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Thu Oct 26 06:20:38 UTC 2006

Hi folks,

I think that I'm going to build the Squeak Collection of Outstanding
Remarkable Values. Therefore I have to tap the collective memory of the
Squeakers (->YOU!)

Take the following true positive examples which I hope do illustrate what
I want to collect (further down below it has some false positive examples
that I don't want to collect, just let them coexist please).

Of course as soon as some momentum is gathered there be a web page which
all the google users can make their start page.

Do you happen to know a knowledgeable factum? If so, please post. Was such
a collection already set up? If so, please post. Even if you have just
some meager keywords: I want to know them, please post. I will do all the
hard research work and find out the background and the related (if google
permits).

Thank you in advance, please post even your craziest idea!

/Klaus

+++++++examples+++++++

All platforms same image; unmatched interoperability.
- http://www.squeak.org/Download

Double dispatching; invented by the Smalltalk inventors.
- http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=28732

Continuations; out of reach for majority of Smalltalk's competitors.
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuation

Seaside; nothing without continuations.
- http://www.u3engage.org/public/thesis/ContinuationsModel.php
- http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-cb03216/