[ANN] Installer bootstrapping scripts

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at laposte.net
Thu Oct 26 07:37:17 UTC 2006

Keith Hodges a écrit :
> I was looking at the dev image yesterday and even there the level of
> automated complexity leaves me feeling that I have lost control of my
> image, I don't know what is there or what it all does, so it will take a
> bit of getting used to.

I would really like to know what are your questions if you are talking
about the image I maintain. I don't think there is something complex in
what I did. Look at DEVImageConfigurator>>squeakDevImageConfiguration
and you will see everything that is loaded when you download a
squeak-dev image.

To be clear, here are the steps I follow to build a new dev image:

- Download last squeak version from ftp.squeak.org/3.9
- Open the image, then SqueakMap Package Loader
- Upgrade map from the net
- Load last ImageForDevelopers package from SqueakMap
- Execute "DEVSqueakDevImage default installDevImage"
- Wait
- Close windows that should not be in the image (transcript, squeakmap,
two small workspaces)
- Click on the Welcome message to make it appear
- Save and quit
- Rename the image
- Zip the image and the changes files and put the zip in an ftp server

Do you have questions ?

I'm really glad some of you use my image. Please tell me what you think
about it, if you use it, why or why not.

--
Damien Cassou