Removing Etoys, Morphic and other friends

Pavel Krivanek squeak1 at continentalbrno.cz
Thu Oct 26 11:30:28 UTC 2006

On 10/26/06, Edgar J. De Cleene <edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
> Pavel Krivanek puso en su mail :
>
> > it's not possible to
> > load Morphic and don't load eToys with it.
>
> It's possible, but not easy and not now.
>
> > But we will remove network,
> > compression, MC kernel etc. from it because this packages are already
> > independent.
>
> Without network, compression and a few more , Kernel is impractical.
> Once cleaned, why rip first for loading latter ?

You will have the kernel image and the set of basic packages
(compression, network, MC). This packages must be loaded from files.
Then you will have prepared image with this basic packages that will
be able to load RestOfSqueak and other packages. I was talking about
the fact, that the current RoS includes this basic packages too.

> You last should be 3.10 start point and .sources produced for this.
> And the loaded Rest of Squeak , ready to run , should become SqueakMinimal.

No, the starting point for the version 3.10a must be standard 3.9
image. Final version can be the the UI-less image but we firstly have
to prepare full image for it.

> > load all rest "non-free" content from Internet.
> What part is not free ? I hope not endless license thread....

AFIK the problematic part of current license are for example "Export
Law Assurances" that prohibit usage of Squeak by Cuban etc.

-- Pavel