Squeak is a social community

David P Harris dpharris at telus.net
Sun Oct 29 15:49:15 UTC 2006

Howard--

Thanks for pointing out Kent's paper.  There is not much I don't agree
with there.  It is interesting as we get older how Meta concerns such as
these become more important.  So it would appear that computer languages
are growing, changing, and living language as much as natural
languages.  He also gives a good explanation of the dynamics within and
between groups, and in particular this group.  I don't think this is
bad.  I think people are drawn to languages such as Smalltalk and Lisp
because they are malleable.  I certainly would loose interest if
Smalltalk was frozen.  I personally am drawn to this group because it is
exploring new concepts and ideas.

David