I am standing by Juan's proposal, do you? (was Re: Removing Etoys, Morphic and other friends)

Ron Teitelbaum Ron at USMedRec.com
Tue Oct 31 15:28:10 UTC 2006

All,

I stand by the suggestion of either replacing Morphic and Etoys with Tweak
and Tweaks EToy implementation, since there is significant work going into
both, or adding a script that removes eToys from the main image upon
developer request.  If a further development of Morphic is wanted and that
development requires the removal of eToys from the main image, I support
that also.  In other words if we want Morphic 3.0 then the developer is
required to unload eToys and then load Morphic 3.0 into their own image.

I do not support removing eToys from the main image without replacing it
with Tweak and the new OLPC eToys.

The reason for my position is that I support community bridges which I have
discussed at length in previous postings.

My suggestion for 3.10 is to work towards consolidating current advancements
from all platforms, Tweak, eToys, Croquet and OLPC into Squeak's main image.
This follows the suggestion of finding work that is already completed and
ready for inclusion into the main image.

A question for Juan, can your Morphic 3.0 advancements be applied to Tweak?

Ron Teitelbaum