Thoughts from an outsider

Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Sep 1 09:55:25 UTC 2006

Rich Warren puso en su mail :

> Remember, I'm talking about barriers to entry. Things that might make
> a newbie look at Squeak, but turn away. The user interface (as
> provided) is (for many people) a barrier to entry. Most of us get
> over it, but it's still a barrier

If things do not change , progress do not happen.

Myself argue against Traits, a long ago, as having Traits cause breaks with
older Squeak and introduce several collateral things , unneeded for normal
projects (IMHO)

My solution is continuing develop SqueakLight, a hand made image what now do
what I wish.

But at the same time , I continue studying, and now try to help the process
leaded by Pavel for in a future have a more modular Squeak what starting
from a unix like console (kernel.image) , could grow to any "app" , loading
what was needed from Web.

You should lobby for a "New Squeak UI" group. Take a look to clever work of
wonder people working on Sophie, and help for things like Rome finish the
travel and could be used by mortals in 3.9 (or 3.10)

Edgar

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).
¡Probalo ya!