VM build problem: sqInt?

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sun Sep 3 03:24:55 UTC 2006

I think if you look in the squeak mailing list for
ioFilenamefromStringofLengthresolveAliases, vmEndianness
  you'll find lots of discussion about the missing vmEndianness and
the ioFilenamefromStringofLengthresolveAliases I believe was added
later so perhaps the vmmaker you have or the C source code for 64bit
support is lacking it.

On 2-Sep-06, at 2:04 AM, Jay Hardesty wrote:

> I'm attempting to build a VM for a 64-bit Intel mac, using image
> version #7051
> and VM version 3.8.12.beta5U, and revision 1520 of the C sources.
>

> I follow the usual steps regarding VMMaker, Balloon 3D, special
> change sets,
> and gnuification.
>

> If I check "64 bit VM" in VMMaker, generate sources, gnuify, and
> compile
> I get these compilation errors:
> 	conflicting types for ioExit:
> 		int ioExit(void) {
> 	previous declaration of ioExit was here:
> 		sqInt ioExit(void);
>
> and ditto for: ioDisablePowerManager, ioBeep, ioFormPrint,
> attributeSize, etc
> and also a few in sqMacTime: ioMicroMSecs, ioSeconds, ...
>

> If I uncheck "64 bit VM", clean out sources, regenerate, etc, then
> I get
> these undefined's from ld:
> 	_ioFilenamefromStringofLengthresolveAliases
> 	_vmEndianness
>

> Has anyone else had a similar experience?  I'd prefer to build the
> 64-bit
> version if possible.  Thanks a million for any suggestions.
>
> Jay

===