VM build problem: sqInt?

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sun Sep 3 04:46:56 UTC 2006

> On 2-Sep-06, at 2:04 AM, Jay Hardesty wrote:
>

>> I'm attempting to build a VM for a 64-bit Intel mac, using image
>> version #7051
>> and VM version 3.8.12.beta5U, and revision 1520 of the C sources.
>>

>> I follow the usual steps regarding VMMaker, Balloon 3D, special
>> change sets,
>> and gnuification.
>>

>> If I check "64 bit VM" in VMMaker, generate sources, gnuify, and
>> compile
>> I get these compilation errors:
>> 	conflicting types for ioExit:
>> 		int ioExit(void) {
>> 	previous declaration of ioExit was here:
>> 		sqInt ioExit(void);

Well ioExit is declared as
sqInt ioExit(void);
in sq.h but appears to be
int ioExit(void) {
in sqMacMain.c. Whoops.

>> and ditto for: ioDisablePowerManager, ioBeep, ioFormPrint,
>> attributeSize, etc
>> and also a few in sqMacTime: ioMicroMSecs, ioSeconds, ...
>>

>> If I uncheck "64 bit VM", clean out sources, regenerate, etc, then
>> I get
>> these undefined's from ld:
>> 	_ioFilenamefromStringofLengthresolveAliases
>> 	_vmEndianness

These should be in the generated interp.c file so if they're not,
either you have a wrong version of VMMaker or some strange thing is
going wrong.

tim
Useful random insult:- The wheel's spinning but the hamster's dead.