3.9 Oddities

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Mon Sep 4 14:03:00 UTC 2006

On 4 sept. 06, at 11:52, Rich Warren wrote:

> I'm trying to move from 3.8 to 3.9, and I have a couple of odd
> problems.
>
> In text areas, there are often odd boxes at the beginning of lines.
> These do not show up in 3.8. Any idea how I can get rid of them?

The "odd boxes" are bad characters that before were displayed as
character space.
And it helps showing when you are copying and pasting code from web
page and other foreign source.
Often I could not find the bugs and rewrite all the code that the
students copied from pdf for example.

> When I try to change the window colors, I get a ton of Error: key
> not found messages. I don't really need to change the window
> colors, but having errors on a built-in feature is a bit disturbing.

Indeed.
Add a bug fix in the bug archive.