3.9 stability, etc.

Pascal Zumkehr zumkehr at students.unibe.ch
Mon Sep 4 17:46:06 UTC 2006

(just for the sake of completeness...)

in the most recent collection package of 3.9, the string comparison
was reverted to the 3.7 behavior. this causes monticello to load the
package extensions (*package) before the actual package, and not
afterwards as in 3.8 (maybe in preceding versions as well, i dunno).
while this causes no problems for most of the packages, there might
be some around depending on this loading order. in this case, loading
errors will occur. modifying monticello to have a fixed loading
order, independent from string sorting (or just with clear definition
if extensions get loaded before or after the package), would help to
prevent such issues in the future.