libCURL binding (was Re: The success of Grants)

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 22:11:23 UTC 2006

On Sep 4, 2006, at 4:51 AM, danil osipchuk wrote:

> Avi,
> I'd like to participate in the experiment (not that i believe that
> this an easy way to get beer, but i think squeakers should start
> doing such kind of stuff :)).
> So, here is the initial version of the libcurl binding for the
> start: http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/5865'

Awesome.  It looks like this blocks the VM for now, right?  It would
of course be most-useful to get the non-blocking API working... but
in the meantime, where do I send the beer?

> I've compiled it on Windows, I think that it should compile
> normally on other platorms (one needs to have a working vwmaker
> setup and libcurl and openssl libs&headers installed, obviously).
> Making it robust and feature-complete will require additional
> effort, i may do it myself or give it away to anybody who wishes

Well, to flesh out the experiment: I'll put up a $1500 USD bounty for
the finished version (including compiled plugins for Mac/Windows/
Linux).  Danil, if others come forward to help, I nominate you to do
the split.

Cheers,
Avi