OOPSLA 2006 BoF!

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed Sep 6 05:16:09 UTC 2006

On 5-Sep-06, at 5:59 PM, Craig Latta wrote:

>> ...I can't see "CampSmalltalk" mentioned anywhere. But I presume we
>> will "set up camp" in the exhibition area. :)
>
>      Once again I won't be able to afford to register for the
> conference
> proper, so hopefully they'll bring back exhibition passes (unlikely, I
> suppose), or we can meet in a nearby public space. Infiltrating is
> usually possible, but it makes me feel so dirty. :)

Have they even *had* an exhibits area in recent years? Ah, I remember
the old days when you needed a wagon train and spare burros to get
round the whole show in less than a month....

I won't be spending money to register either. If we really have
problems finding a space I suspect Portland has a *lot* of wireless
enabled cafes we can colonise. Hell, we could probably use Ned's RV,
right ned?

tim
Strange OpCodes: UDF: Use Disk for Frisbee