[BUG ]Repeatable Mac Crash Scenario With Squeak In A Web Browser

Laurence Rozier laurence.rozier at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 17:47:51 UTC 2006

Hi,

Once a project has been loaded into an image running in a web browser,
playing a SampledSound will result in a crash when the window(or tab) is
closed. This happens repeatedly under OS/X 10.4.7 and OS/X 10.3.9 using
either Firefox or Safari. In the case of Firefox the crash is fatal - the
entire machine locks up! Under Safari, you just get an application
unexpectedly quit message. At first I thought it had something to do with
the project I created that played a sound upon loading, but it happens with
every project I've tried and will happen with any attempt to play a
SampledSound e.g. evaluating

(SampleSound soundNamed: 'camera') play

will do the trick. I tried to submit a bug report but my account appears to
be blocked for some reason so I'm reporting it here.

Regards,

Laurence